Jose L. Flores
1703 Wethersfield Word Version
Austin, TX 78703 email@example.com
(512) nine-2-five-one-5-seventy one http://www.joseflores.com
Summary: Extensive experience in enterprise and systems software development life-cycle.
Expertise in software architecture design on Microsoft platforms
Deep knowledge of NT, Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 kernel & HAL internals, Win32 base services, kernel development.
Experience dealing with customer facing challenges and operating as technical point of contact to external organizations
Experience with x.500/PKI, SSL, encryption algorithms, authentication and access controls, firewall implementations
Capable coordinator of off-shore development projects
Business/customer centered with emphasis on high quality and high return
Skills: Proficient in C/C++, Intel x86 assembly. Working knowledge of MFC, Java, various other languages/libraries.
Understanding of WDM, KMDF, WDF, keyboard, mouse, storport, PCI, ISA driver architectures.
Highly skilled at debugging C/C++ or assembly images, with or without source, modifying system level code
without source code, hooking/monitoring system/3rd party APIs, reverse engineering.
Familiar with NT File System architecture, COM/DCOM, some web technologies.
Developed numerous systems level utilities for personal use.
Publications: Articles featured in Windows Developers Journal.
Various articles published on the web.
Experience: Consulting Partner
· Developed disk and volume filter driver for caching block level I/O
· Designed and developed registry filter for monitoring and filtering registry access
· Designed and developed file system mini filter used for system security and application hardening
· Designed and developed method for protection user-mode process from injection and termination
· Provided analysis and design ideas for intercepting key strokes from certain processes
· Developed and shipped commercial driver to suppress error log messages from 3rdparty image
· Analysis, design suggestions for anti-piracy security software
· Provided skeleton samples, consulting for Infiniband instrumentation driver using WMI
· Designed and implemented TDI filter capturing all TCP streams for processing
· Provided design and architectural guidance for TCP Offload Engine (TOE) kernel mode software
· Designed and implemented fully functional Winsock Direct Path sample
· Sample consisted of NDIS miniport driver, kernel mode proxy, and WSD Winsock Provider DLL
· Guidance given during debug cycle resulted in product direction correction.
· Modified Microsoft Outlook plugin voice recording and playback.
· Designed and developed KMDF storage port driver for solid state drive for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7.
· Designed and developed volume filter driver providing HSM-like capabilities.
· Designed and developed disk filter driver providing HSM-like capabilities.
· Designed and developed storage port driver using RAM and files as backing stores
· Numerous C# based utilities and GUIs.
2005-2009: Blue Coat Systems, Austin, TX
· Provided technical guidance and product direction
· Provided competitive analysis
· Lead effort for 300K seat deployment in education market
· Primary technical contact for external customers.
· Presented product strategy and technical direction at industry events
· Reviewed and authored cross-organizational functional specifications
· Conducted regular code reviews
· Investigated integration of custom OS onto Hyper-V hypervisor
· Designed and developed proxy to intercept and crack SSL-encapsulated traffic including HTTPS
· Wrote pieces of core infrastructure for hooking arbitrary code in system and 3rd party modules
· Designed and implemented patent-pending malware detection engine.
· Part of team that develops on-demand secure-access SSL VPN software
· Developed various diagnostic debugging tools for RA and WD products line
· Lead developer on the SG Client product
· Designed and developed proxy-based architecture for SG Client product. Client runs on XP, Vista Windows 7.
· Authored TDI filter for redirecting TCP traffic to through a protocol proxy
· Authored in house development and analysis tools in C# and Windows Powershell
· Designed and developed WMI in-process provider for product management infrastructure.
· Authored core portion of the SG Client windows service.
· Designed and developed CIFS protocol proxy for Wide Area File Systems (WAFS) acceleration of the SMB protocol.
· Performed analysis and debugging on a variety of products other than those directly assigned
· Reverse engineered malware to understand and develop behavioral based mitigation and detection
· Investigated Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) migration from TDI
· Several patents pending
Senior Software Developer
2004-2005: ServerEngines, Austin, TX
· Designed and implemented a virtual bus driver for a multi-protocol offload engine
· Reviewed and prototyped support code implementing necessary interfaces required by Vista/Longhorn RDMA chimney
· Ported and debugged NetBSD TCP/IP stack to windows.
· Made modifications to the TCP stack to comply with Microsoft Chimney Offload specification
· Created kernel mode simulation code to mimic the interface to a 10GB NIC to allow for software development without hardware
· Participated in design reviews and debugging prototype SCSI StorPort driver for 10GB iSCSI offload
Senior Software Developer
2003-2004: Qlogic, Austin, TX
· Designed and implemented proprietary hooking technique allowing packet injection between TCP and IP layer
· Implementing WMI provider exposing IPMI interface to proprietary BMC.
· Various configuration and diagnostic tools for SCSI and LAN based products.
2003: Interactive Silicon, Austin, TX
· Block level compressed, caching project. Components included files system filter and volume filter.
· Developed skeleton driver for TCP/IP stream compression via TDI filtering over the standard TCP stack.
Senior Member Technical Staff - Windows Lead
2000-2002: Times N Systems, Austin, TX
· One of original 10 employees, designed and implemented generic kernel mode profiling library.
· Designed and implemented patent-pending OS extension synchronization primitives.
· Co-designed and implemented a fault tolerant, WDM-aware distributed volume manager
· FT was distributed RAID1 with load balancing on fail over
· Volume manager was Microsoft clustering (MSCS) aware
· Developing Winsock Direct Path implementation over proprietary SAN
· Wrote NDIS protocol driver for storage virtualization product
· Wrote TDI kernel client over TCP/UDP for storage virtualization product
· Wrote various storage server packages including SRV -like cached file server, redirector (CIFS / SMB) client
· Ported NT PCI driver from NT 4.0 to WDM controlling massively parallel processor (MPP) interconnect
· Involved in various research, designs and analysis including load balancer, shared file system, Software-only migration.
· Wrote MFC-based CFG tool, perfmon DLL, various analysis tools, kernel software
Developer Consultant/Software Engineer
1998-2000:Numega Technologies (Compuware), Nashua, NH
· Lead Developer True Coverage for Drivers – Designed and implemented much of product core. Designed MSVC IDE integration port and Contributed code. Added significant performance, memory footprint enhancements
· Reverse engineered competing product in its entirety in order to provide complete functional documentation of the competitor's capability.
· Developer Driver Studio - developed several unique views representing various information on and relationships between driver, device, and symbolic link objects. Also developed code to find and traverse NT's object tree from a crash dump file
· Contributed to Softice maintenance -wrote minor bug fixes, command extensions
· Provided a variety of information to a wide range of developers. From application developers, to well-known device driver consultants and instructors.
· Supported DriverWorks, VToolsD, BoundsChecker for Drivers, TrueTime
Circuit Card Assemblies Webmaster
1996-1997: Texas Instruments Inc., Plano, TX
· Developed new technical documents in HTML format
· Maintained and organized CCA website
Software Development Engineer
1995-1996: Texas Instruments Inc., Dallas, TX
· Designed and developed HTML-housed Graphical User Interfaces
1993-1994: ALCOA., Point Comfort, TX
· Wrote several internal data analysis scripts
· Process flow data entry
Education: The University of Texas - Austin Bachelor of Science degree
Electrical and Computer Engineering major Dean's List Fall 1993